Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2003 10:16:51 AM EDT
hello all!  I love this site.  I am currently working on my first build.  I have several questions that I havent seen on here lately.  I am wanting to build a ar with a low recoil.  I have a buddy that build one from jp parts.  It hass the recoil of a .22.  Wow.  he went with the low mass bolt carrier and a barrel from jp. 1). I was wondering what you all thought of their barrels and using a RRA lower. 2)How are there uppers compared to JP? I want to get a easy pull trigger also but I dont want a two stage trigger.  any ideas?  .  I will probabally compete some with the gun but also want to just have a all around gun.  I currenly own a Colt Match Target H bar and I just bought a M4 replica from Bushmaster. Ilike the colt but it seem to me that bushmaster is made better.  Have you all noticed that bushmaster quality might be better than a Colt?  thank you all so much for your replys.  Have a great new YEAR.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
1) don't know anything about their barrels, you might want to do a search.  An RRA lower should be just fine. 2) don't know anything about JP uppers, are you sure they are made by JP?  I just built a rifle using an RRA upper and its just fine.  I like the accuracy speaks trigger but it depends on what kind of competition you will be doing.  I would suggest that if you are building a competition rifle you build it just for competion and use one of your others for defensive purposes, if that is what you meant by "all around gun".  I like colt better than bushmaster, ford over chevy, jim beam bourbon.  What did you notice about your bushmaster that leads you to believe that its quality is better than colt?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top