Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 7:43:46 AM EDT
I was just wondering what people that have them think of the Rock River Quad Rail Free Float tube assembly? I can't afford KAC or such at the moment.

Here's a link: Rock River Quad Rail

Building up my first AR-15, starting with Rock River lower (my x-mas gift to myself, hehe).

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Beta I have one and like it.  It came factory installed on a 16" flat-top varmint. This is not an option listed on their site but the person that ordered the upper(texasstargroup.com) for me had them put it on.  Judging from the brochure, it looks exactly like the bushmaster (B.M.A.S.).  I can't see having an ar without rails.  I have already used the top rail to mount an arms #22 front ring for a scope that requires more than average eye relief.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
On a lightweight carbine avoid it- at 14oz. it is too heavy! Yankee Hill has a new one out, which is lighter!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys. I guess Yankee Hill makes the rails for Bushmaster, DPMS and RRA?

[url=https://secure.valinet.com/~yankeeh/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi?page=forearm.html&&cart_id=8057954_12145]Yankee Hill Rail Assembly[/url]

Perhaps Rock River will start using the lighter weight ones soon! I found this thread on weights (I'm not sure 3-4 ounces lighter is worth $200 more!):

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=172238]Big Thread on FF and Railed Forends[/url]

Here's the thread with pics of the new Yankee Hill, looks nice - same LOW price!:

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=175774]New Yankee Hill Lightweight Rail[/url]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I recently purchased one of these from the Rock river section of ADCO.  It was built by Yankee Hill Machinery.  It is going on my AWB sunset 16" all evil features, all the time shorty project.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, RRA sent me this reply regarding their stocking of the lightweight:

"We do not stock the lightweight at this time, this dealer does
www.rbprecision.com
Thank you
Sales"
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FWIW, RRA sent me this reply regarding their stocking of the lightweight:

"We do not stock the lightweight at this time, this dealer does
www.rbprecision.com
Thank you
Sales"
View Quote
Dang - oh well! I'm probably going to order a RRA Entry Tactical upper with the Quad Rail installed - I don't want to mess around with installing one later.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Rock Quad Rail is free float Yankee lightweight is not, I would take the accuracy over a couple ounces, do want to carry your gun a little easier or hit what your aiming at.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
No.

Rock River's (and Bushamster's) tubes are made by Yankee Hill. They all free float, unless you get the kit from Yankee Hill to turn the FF tubes into a claimed higher-reliability (?) non-freefloat system.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top