Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2003 9:57:24 PM EDT
I am replacing my DPMS bull barrel gas block with a 4 rail one and was wondering if I could reuse the roll pin I will have to tap out to get it off?  If I can not does brownells have these where I can just order one roll pin?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.dpmsinc.com/products/BULL-02.jpg[/img]

I take it you have this....

[img]http://www.dpmsinc.com/products/GB-4RA.jpg[/img]

And you are replacing it with this????

Well, both are off of the DPMS site, and both are held in by set screws.... So I assume that you are asking if you can reuse the gas tube roll pin.  Sure, if it's not mangled, lost or destroyed.  Just go get a 5/64" roll pin from any hardware store.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
No serios concerns with reusing the pins. The may be cosmetic issues, burred ends, metal in the white, etc.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can reuse just be careful its a tiny little sucker. Next time you're ordering parts add a few extra pins and/or springs, that way you'll have em just in case and won't get eaten by s&h.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Kaliburz, and others, those pics are the ones I have.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
If you get some from Brownells they come in a 5 pack. I got some and had to lightly taper one end with my dremel to get it started.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top