Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 7:13:40 AM EDT
Ok Guys (any gals??),

First, hello to the board!  After a couple of weeks of anonymous lurking I'd like to compliment everybody on how helpful (not to mention civil) you guys are.  This forum has been a great help in getting me up to speed :)

With that said (and with much gnashing of teeth and grinding of bones by my wife over another 'hobby') I'm hoping EagleFireArms.net still has their stripped lower receiver special going.  $84.99 for a RRA lower?  Ha.  Merry X-mas to me I say!  As soon as I get over to my local gun shop this afternoon I'll be placing my order ...

Anyway, thanks for all the info and I'm sure this won't be my last post :)

-Gun

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Greetings and welcome to the addiction!  Check out the Ga hometown section when you get a chance, lots of Ga members here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
well FFL copy is in the mail and the paypal transaction pending ...

Kudo's to Chris at www.eaglefirearms.net for his quick email replies and setting aside one of the RRA lower receivers for me until all the paperwork catches up.

So this is what I'm looking at so far:

RRA stripped lower receiver
J&T lower receiver parts (or RRA)
RRA 2 stage trigger

Still debating:

ACE Skeleton Stock kit (I like the clean look)
A3 flat top upper (manufacturer?)
16" CAR barrel (manufacturer? - I want the forged fixed front site - chrome moly also)

beyond that its still all getting sorted out.  ATM my priorities for this weapon are:
1) Plinking/range fun
2) Home defense
3) 3 gun?

btw any Georgia board members shoot at South River?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the pleasure of dealing with Chris at Eagle Firearms not long ago. I purchased a RRA lower receiver from him, he goes above and beyond the service most vendors provide, I was very pleased with the product and the [i]speed of the service provided.[/i]
[banana]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top