Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 5:01:05 AM EDT
I have searched the forum but couldn't come up with anything so here goes.  How difficult is it to install a Jewell 2-stage trigger?  I am only a gunsmith in my dreams but do like to tinker and learn - I just don't want to take a chance of screwing something up this expensive.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a gunsmith, even in my dreams, and I installed my Jewell trigger. The installation is straightforward but not trivial. The instructions that came with it are junk, but the HighPower Riflesmith has some good instructions here: http://www.highpowerrifle.com/Jewell.htm

Be feerless... You'll be fine. It's a great trigger. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with antimarx and used the same directions he suggested for installing my Jewell trigger.  The only thing I had trouble with was the "hairpin" that keeps the hammer pin secured in place.  I seem to recall the directions tell you to press the pin down, install the hammer pin then pull the hairpin up using the supplied tool.  I bent the crap out of the pin trying to do it this way.  It was easier for me to leave the hairpin up (above the hammer pin), install the hammer pin and then push the hairpin down onto the hammer pin.  Make sense or am I being too confusing?

I'm very, very happy with my Jewell trigger.

Let us know if you need some help.  I've got a book with some nice pictures of the installation if you need me to scan them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top