Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2003 5:37:21 AM EDT
I am new to this hobby, and built my first using all RR parts last month. I now have a Bushmaster stripped lower and want to be more creative with the lower internals. My thought is to build a match quality lower. O.K.-what should I use?? -Thanks Cajun

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River Arms makes a target trigger, that would be a good start.  Check this page, scroll down for the National Match two stage trigger group.

[url]http://www.eaglefirearms.net/Rock%20River%20Arms.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
What exactly do you mean by a match lower?  You should obviously install a match trigger of which there are many out there.  Then, you can use some KNS FCG pins which I would call match quality.  There is even a set trigger option FCG.  There are match grips available - the type used for match shooting with contoured grip and hand rest.  Other than that, there is not much to do to one.  The receiver itself can be mated tightly to the upper, though that does not effect accuracy.  To do that, if they are loose to begin with, a tensioning pin or accuwedge will tighten it up, or you could start with the RRA Match Receiver Set - they are mated together for tight fit.  I used a match upper half in a build of mine, and a regular lower, and the upper was very tight - so tight I had to use a mallet to separate them the first few times but now it pivots easily yet there is no play when they are closed.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top