Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 5:39:35 AM EDT
I already have a thread in this section explaining why I need to replace my Bushmaster front sight assembly.  The barrel is a Bushy M4 profile without any brake/FS.  After reading this thread regarding replacing a front sight assembly, am I to understand that this is gonna be a pain in the ass for me?  I assumed I could just buy another assembly and put it on this barrel.  Am I wrong?  I was going to buy a RRA assembly.  Would that matter?

Thanks for any info you can give me here.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
it's "usually" not that hard.  
from your other post it sounds like you can run the hammer and punch.  just make sure the pins and the hole ar the right size and have fun.
one or two heavy licks will be all it takes to properly seat the pins.  if your banging away 10 or more times really hard something is wrong.  pins are too big, wrong or the whole is too small.   good luck.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, 308wood.  You've been a big help to me this morning.  [:D]

I had already purchased some replacement taper pins from Bushmaster, thinking the original pins might not be re-useable.  Boy was I right!  [LOL]

I already tried seating the new pins in the channels in the barrel just to make sure they fit.  The rear one goes in about half way before it stops.  The front one (the one that was the real booger to remove) went in just a tad farther.  So, I think the pins will be okay.

There is a gun show this weekend and there is usually a guy selling RRA parts and J&T is there as well.  I'm thinking about taking the rifle with me to make sure the holes line up okay.

Again, thanks for your help.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top