Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 4:10:03 AM EDT
Hello everyone. I have a Colt A2 Match Target HBAR and am wanting to make it more varminter like for a lack of better words. I would like to replace the upper receiver with a flat top configuration, free float the barrel, and remove the front site and replace with a gas block. First, from whom do I seek the stripped upper. (Colt quoted for their part $225)Second, as far as the floated tube, I have looked at armalite, krieger, and JP. I got the drift on the first two, does anyone have experience with the JP? Third I like the looks of the JP gas block (adjustable), any comments on this or any other brand gas block would be greatly appreciated. Last I would like to ask one question after cost on the above items and possibly some labor along the way have been calculated. Am I better off just waiting and saving and buying a complete upper from SSK, Les Baer, or RRA for example. Thanks in advance for your thoughts, 2200v
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Given the tools involved in building and disassembly, I'd say your better off purchasing a complete "new" upper in the configuration you desire. You'll still have the original for selling or plinking.

As to sellers, the EE is loaded with guys willing to help you with your purchase of a new upper. MSTN, Legal Transfers, CMMG are all fellas I have purchsed products from and are great to deal with, for stock RRA varminter uppers Donny at [url]www.sableco.net[/url] is someone who has competitive prices on those, worth a phone call as well as the guys listed.
You can't go wrong dealing with any of these guys, IMO.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top