Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 9:55:49 AM EDT
I need advice.I have  Bushmaster 20" V-Match and want to purchase an upper assembly/shorter barrel in order to have a more versatile rifle.Should I stick with Bushmaster parts or am I safe in purchasing RRA, or any other brand name parts.I am wondering if the fit is that critical with "same company" parts or does it not matter.

Also I am considering the ARMS 22M68 for an Aimpoint I recently bought, but do you think I should mount it on a detachable carry handle to get the sight up higher or keep it on the rail, for ease of sight acquisition?

I very much appreciate the advice....the knowledge on this board is awesome.

Thank-you for any advice given.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same question. I have a new Colt 20" and I want to buy a new Bushmaster 16 inch upper to put on it. Any problems. I think mine has the smaller pin holes.

Ron
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Being the rifle is a Bushmaster; I would stick with one of these, Bushmaster, RRA, or a JT upper. All of the kit uppers on the market will fit (non-colt), but these three uppers will match the lower finish/color.

Also, You may want to pick up just new bolt (not a new carrier) to go along with the upper.  Chances are that the old uppers bolt will spec fine in the new upper, it's just when you start to swap bolts around in different uppers, the bolt tend to wear faster, due to trying to mate to two different barrel extensions.

tallharleyrider,
you may have to buy a front take-done pin adapter if you front take down pin is the screw type (large ring), and not the mil-spec push pin type.
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/nes-06.asp[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top