following:

Les Baer National Match bolt carrier w/ LBC bolt
Oly Arms Black-Tac bolt carrier w/ ??? bolt
JP Rifles Tactical Operating System complete
Fulton Armory Carpenter grade bolt

Opinions? Experiences? I like the idea of the
JP STAINLESS bolt carrier. The Oly Black-Tac
also sounds pretty good, but Oly doesn't sell
bolts anymore. Any help will be much appreciated.

Sam
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I know Olympic's website indicates they aren't selling bolts, but you may want to call them and inquire on the telephone.  I know they are shipping bolts with their kits.  The testing results on the Black Tac Armor sure looks good.  The Black Tac Armor looked great on the one I received this month.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You ask the same question twice, you'll get the same responses twice..........

L.B.'s assemblies are great. A few thousandths of an inch larger in diameter, so they fit more precisely in the upper than any others. Hard chrome plating looks cool and is easier to clean than phosphate finish. The L.B. (or Young Mfg., same mfgr) have the additional longitudinal ribs that spread out the carrier loads over a larger area of the inside of the upper resulting in less wear. The L.B. and Young carriers also have the longer hammer ramp like the M16 that shrouds the firing pin resulting in no snags on the firing pin and no bent F.P. retainer pins during operation because of the hammer notch. L.B. also includes as standard equipment the McFarland 1-piece gas ring and an extra heavy-duty extractor spring with black insert.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You ask the same question twice, you'll get the same respones twice..........

L.B.'s assemblies are great. A few thousandths of an inch larger in diameter, so they fit more precisely in the upper than any others. Hard chrome plating looks cool and is easier to clean than phosphate finish. The L.B. (or Young Mfg., same mfgr) have the additional longitudinal ribs that spread out the carrier loads over a larger area of the inside of the upper resulting in less wear. The L.B. and Young carriers also have the longer hammer ramp like the M16 that shrouds the firing pin resulting in no snags on the firing pin and no bent F.P. retainer pins during operation because of the hammer notch. L.B. also includes as standard equipment the McFarland 1-piece gas ring and an extra heavy-duty extractor spring with black insert.
View Quote

[LOLabove]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top