Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 12:33:45 PM EDT
Would anyone please tell me who has the best deal on the lower parts kit?

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Pete from Legal Transfers has them for $55 I think.  

Just surf the Equipment Exchange and you'll find plenty of fine dealers to compare prices.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered a RRA parts kit from Eagle Firearms off of the EE board. $60 including shipping. That's about the average price from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have an FFL (C&R is fine) on file with them, you can get a DPMS lower parts kit from Brownells for $44.00.  I have saved the $30.00 fee it took to get my C&R FFL about ten times over already.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Forgive the highjack and stupid question but what is a "C&R" FFL? what does it entitle you to do? How do you get it and what costs are involved with it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Goalie:

How do you go about finding the reduced pricing on the website?  I have a C&R but it's not on file with Brownell's (yet).  However, I didn't see any reduced pricing on their website for FFLs.  Actually, I didn't see the lower parts kit either, but I could have just missed that.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to have your business account registered with Brownells before you surf their site to see the discount pricing because you have to log in.

The catalog has both prices in it. Brownells is good but they charge flat $7.50 shipping regardless of the item which sucks for cheap small parts.

I have dealt with ADCO and they are fast and cheap!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Forgive the highjack and stupid question but what is a "C&R" FFL? what does it entitle you to do? How do you get it and what costs are involved with it?

Thanks
View Quote

A C&R FFL is a collectors FFL, allowing you to collect Curios & Relic firearms interstate.  Stuff like old M98 Mausers, M91-30 Mosin Nagants, etc ordered directly to your door.  A C&R FFL is strictly for collecting, not for commercial use, ie you can't order a crate of Mosin Nagants & turn around & sell them all off at the next gunshow for profit.  There are record keeping requirements & some redtape hoops to jump through.  It costs ~$30 for a 3 year license but if you buy a lot of old guns or parts from places that offer the discount it pays for itself real quick.    
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have to have your business account registered with Brownells before you surf their site to see the discount pricing because you have to log in.

The catalog has both prices in it. Brownells is good but they charge flat $7.50 shipping regardless of the item which sucks for cheap small parts.

I have dealt with ADCO and they are fast and cheap!
View Quote

Last time I ordered some really small parts, they only charged me $3.50 I think for small parts shipping.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I ordered some really small parts, they only charged me $3.50 I think for small parts shipping.
View Quote

Earlier this month placed a small order with Brownell's, for small, lightweight items they can send it out by first class mail for a shipping charge of $3.60.  I have gotten real good service out of Brownell's, I just placed another order, the order was placed after lunch but was still shipped the same day.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
As someone else mentioned, just send a signed copy of your C&R FFL to Brownells with cover-letter stating that you would like your FFL to be on file and would like a copy of their latest catalog.  I made up a form letter and sent it to about 2 dozen places.  About a week or so later, I got a Brownell's catalog and a letter stating that I was eligible for the FFL discount.  Then, at the Brownell's website, I logged in an account and put in my FFL number.  Now, when I browse the site the lower "discount" prices appear.  I love that store, as it is close to Minnesota and I get very timely delivery.

As for the C&R FFL, those of you interested should go to this link, it tells you all you need to know.  It took 3 weeks to get mine.

http://www.cruffler.com/whatis.html

edit:  if you get a C&R license, check out all the vendor links in the C&R forum here on AR15.com
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Goalie:

How do you go about finding the reduced pricing on the website?  I have a C&R but it's not on file with Brownell's (yet).  However, I didn't see any reduced pricing on their website for FFLs.  Actually, I didn't see the lower parts kit either, but I could have just missed that.

Thanks.
View Quote

It is much easier to find stuff in the catalog than on-line.  The DPMS lower parts kit is stock number 231-115-003.  I would send off that FFL to Brownell's ASAP, as they have some seriously good deals for FFL holders.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Okay... I'm convinced.  Just printed a copy of my C&R FFL and have it in an envelope to Brownells that will be in the mail tomorrow.

What stinks is that I have ordered from Brownells in the past (headspace gauges, etc.), but didn't realize they gave discounts for having a C&R.  Oh well... at least I might be able to get some AR-15 stuff cheap.  $44 for a DPMS parts kit sounds pretty darn good to me!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
You don't have to have any sort of FFL with Brownell's to receive the discount. The last place I worked had a dealer account with Brownell's and they did not have our FFL on file. If you have some sort of business that deals in selling to customers, or servicing etc then you can get the deal. I think they would want a copy of your sales tax license for you state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Dogcatcher is correct, any re-selling buisness can get the discount, but with a C&R FFL you do not need to be a re-selling buisness and the discount is the same.  Either way, buy one complete upper and you have already saved the $30.00 cost of your FFL twice over.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks RiffRandell and Goalie!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top