Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 11:57:12 AM EDT
are they a reputable co they have a kit sale going on would these kit work with a lower i will be getting from quantico armshttp://www.quanticoarms.com/
http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html
will this be all i need to get for a complete rifle
         thanks
        david rouch
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Olympic rifles, I have been extremely pleased with the quality after more than 2000 rounds, never one failure. Olympic also has a lifetime warranty against defects if you didn't know.

If you buy the kit, all you need to buy further is a stripped lower receiver, the kit should work with any milspec lower, but not with Colt lowers because they are not milspec, the take down pin size is different. The Oly kit is actually cheaper than buying a complete upper, go figure. Plus you get the BlackTac coating on the bolt and carrier, which is very nice.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
are they a reputable co they have a kit sale going on would these kit work with a lower i will be getting from quantico armshttp://www.quanticoarms.com/
http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html
will this be all i need to get for a complete rifle
         thanks
        david rouch
View Quote

Olympic is a good company. Their kits will work with any lower except Colt.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Adding my .02, my son and I put together an Oly PCR-4 for him about a year ago from the 20" upper kit on sale and a locally purchased Oly  stripped lower.

It has been absolutely perfect with about 4,000 rounds thru it ... not one hiccup of any kind. Used the lower assembly instructions from this forum. Only special tools purchased were bolt catch offset punch and the AR-15 roll pin punch set ... from Brownells. Assembly took about 2 hours. Fit and finish are great.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Oly has been around longer than anyone except Colt. They are real manufactures and make all of their own (major) parts in house on new CNC machines, and have alifetime warranty. Quality is excellent and accuracy is the best of them all. It's the best way to go.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#5]
[:D] I built a very fine rifle using a receiver from Quantico and a Oly arms kit it was my first attemp at building an Ar and I am very happy with the result.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had great success with Oly barrels and misc upper and lower parts.  Their SUM stainless barrels are one of the best bargains out there for a VERY accurate, sub MOA barrel.  

Never bought a complete kit from them, but fitup with PWA (now RRA) lowers has been just fine.  Had one minor problem like 10 years ago when the rear takedown lug of one Oly upper was was a few thousandths too wide to fit down into a PWA lower.  It was very easy to correct by modifying the upper's rear lug.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I built a 20" A2 on a stripped Stinger lower and have been very happy with it. It has the SS ( non SUM ) barrel and it shoots pretty well. The only complaint is that I wish it had feed ramps. I have had 3 low feeds, 2 on SA80s and 1 on a USGI 20. I know it may be mag related but the extended ramps would cure the problem I'm sure.
The kit went together well and I got a pretty good price from a vendor at a gun show here in Portland. I would definately buy Oly again.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top