Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2003 3:58:06 PM EDT
Contemplating my first build and have been really interested in putting together a rifle with an A1 upper. However, I am not comfortable enough with my own skills to assemble/headspace an upper on my first attempt

Do any vendors sell complete kits with A1 uppers and preferably Lightweight barrels?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about complete kits, but I think CMMG has the upper you're looking for in the EE under AR parts.  

You might check some of the parts companies too.  Sorry I haven't taken the time to learn how to make links hot yet.

www.model1sales.com
www.m-aparts.com
www.jtdistributing.com

I'd recommend J&T if they have what you want.  I've dealt with them before, good service and good quality.
Scott
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url]

They have brand new complete Colt A1 uppers, bolt/carrier assys, charging handles, and stock assemblies. If you go that route, and mount the upper on a post ban lower, you'll need to pull the flash suppressor and put a permanently attched muzzle brake on it, and file the two little wings on the bayonet lug down so they won't retain a bayo (easily done w/a flat needle file).  That will give you the closest you can get to a Viet Nam era M16, and still keep you legal[:D]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top