Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2003 5:42:46 PM EDT
I have a E.A. J-15 Pre-ban A1 Rifle. I am wanting to replace the A1 buttstock with an A2 trap door. I need to know if i can just change the plastic shell or do i need to replace the hole thing.

Mine has the one screw towards the top of the butt plate that screws the shell/stock onto the buffer tube.

The sooner the better i am needing to place my order to RRA ASAP

thanks

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
In addition to the A2 stock shell/buttplate, you will need to make sure to get a buttstock spacer and A2 stock screw.  The A2 screw is longer, and the spacer takes up the gap between the buffer tube and the A2 buttplate.  You won't need to change out your buffer tube.

hth
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok i added the screw anyways but is the A2 stock longer? which is why i need the spacer?

I am just wondering.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If I understand correctly, you want to get rid of an A1 butt plate and stock and install an A2 butt plate and stock. Also, your present A1 butt has ONLY one screw at the top (this makes it an M-16 butt plate, not an A1). If so, the no trap door hard rubber butt plate is epoxied onto the stock. Then, you have to replace both the butt plate and stock. As mentioned above, you need the spacer between the butt plate and buffer tube which requires a longer screw. You will also require the lower screw and sling swivel. The A2 lower screw is SHORTER than the A1 lower screw. The A2 stock is 5/8" longer than the A1 or M-16 (thus, a 5/8" spacer).
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah thats correct. I am R&Ring to an A2 that has the trap door hole so i can install a DPMS SPR adjustable buttplate.

So what i need is follows (correct if wrong)
A2 buttstock/shell
A2 buffer spacer
A2 buttstock screws (1 long, 1 short)

anything else?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top