Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 4:12:56 PM EDT
My new bushy barrel does not want to bump uglies with my new RR upper.  It seems that the alignement pin on the barrel is 0.125" and the slot on the upper is 0.123" so i'm trying to figure out which is out of spec so i can file the offending member into submission.  Does anyone know what the spec. is for either?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the spec, but yesterday I installed a new bushy barrel onto a RRA A2 upper and it was extremely tight. A new pin I have measures .125.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
There's nothing sacred or critical about the barrel pin alignment slot.  I "adjust" the slots all the time, usually to bring the front sight straight.  Feel free to open up the side you need to with a file, and tighten up the loose side with a hammer and punch.

Read all about mounting barrels [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=173151]here[/url].
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah danny i'm thinking its the uppers fault i just would hate to find out that i just took an upper out of spec. by filing 2 mils off.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top