Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/3/2003 5:35:45 PM EDT
I'm getting set to build my first AR. The kit's in the mail, but I can't find anyone locally to sell me a lower receiver.  They all say something like 'we don't carry those, and we won't deal with them so we won't order one in for you.'   The only guy I found around here wanted to sell me a DPMS for 180, and wouldn't even look for a RRA or even a Bushy lower.  

So, can anyone either give me some other types of places I may check out, or a link to a transfer agent list or something similar?  

I live in N. Idaho and am willing to travel to eastern WA, eastern OR, west to central MT, and northern UT to pick one up (areas I normally travel) so if any of you know a good dealer who can take care of me in this area, it would be much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Josh
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the Equipment Exchange link at the top of the page.  I've seen RRA stripped lowers as low as $85.  Check with [url]www.gunbroker.com[/url] or [url]www.auctionarms.com[/url] for a list of FFL's in your area that will do a transfer.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'd seen them for that low too, so his $180 was a bit much.  I could pick up 2 RRAs at that price for as much as he wants for that one stripped lower.  

Thanks for the links, they were very helpful, exactly what I was looking for.

J
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the vendors have some FFL transfer dealers lined up, there are also other sources for information.

[url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/transfer.cgi[/url]

Also check on the Hometown board for your state, you can probably find some references there.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=8[/url]

I just received a RRA stripped lower from Eagle Firearms, great price and great service!

[url]http://www.eaglefirearms.net/[/url]

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quantico Arms has stripped Eagle Arms lowers for $85 still.  Great quality and good people to deal with.  There website also has a list of FFL's.  It shows 3 in Idaho.  

Sorry, haven't looked at a map of Idaho in a long time so I don't know if these are close to you or not.  The one's listed are in Boise, Idaho Falls and Meridian.

Good luck finding a dealer.
Scott
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for looking those up for me, but the closest is a 6 hour (one way) drive.  I could get to the Mega Machine Shop faster than that.  I've been wanting to head over to the coast for a while now, maybe I should just make the trip.

J
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top