Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 11:21:00 AM EDT
I recently had to order from their web site some small AR parts from two of the better known suppliers, Brownells and Georgia Precision. Both orders were small enough to sent in a envelope by first class mail and I assume all parts were in stock (I wasn't informed otherwise). My order from Georgia Precision was made on Monday 10/20 and was received on Thursday 10/30. My order from Brownells was made on Thursday 10/23 and was received on Monday 10/27.
Hmmmmm 10 days to 4 days sure Georgia is further away...but 6 days?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
So what's the problem??? I can tell you that it takes me 4-5 days to get a first class letter here to GA from California, and if Tommy at Georgia Precision, who is running a small operation, took an extra day or two to get the order out, WTH are you complaining about.

Was it a bad week at work, or are you like this all the time?[;D]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd blame the post office before I'd blame Georgia Precision. I've had letters and holiday cards take over a week to get from NH to TN.

I've only ordered a few tiny little parts from Georgia Precision so far but have found them to be a class act.

Georgia Precision and Grant from gandrtactical are my two dealers of choice. Both are extremely service oriented and they actually give a damn about their clients. Neither one is out to make a zillion dollars per sale, and they will bend over backwards to answer your questions.

I wish nothing but the best for both of them and am extremely grateful for their old fashioned business practices.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I've ordered from both.  Tommy sometimes is very busy and might not have gotten your order out as soon as he recieved the order.  You have to remember that it's just Tommy and Nancy.  He might have been out of town at the time.  Brownells has a huge support staff compared to Georgia Precision.

But I'll tell you one thing, Tommy is a standup guy and will help you out anyway he can.

Look, if you feel that you didn't get the service you wanted, don't shop there anymore.  But I tell you one thing, I've gotten Tommy to do the oddest things to help me fix my rifle.  We even shared a few laughs about it.  I don't think you will ever find that type of service anywhere else.

If you still feel that you were slighted, give Tommy a ring, and he'll make sure you are well taken care of next time.

If you fell strange about calling Tommy, I can pass a message to him to give you a call.  Just e-mail me your details about your order.

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So what's the problem??? I can tell you that it takes me 4-5 days to get a first class letter here to GA from California, and if Tommy at Georgia Precision, who is running a small operation, took an extra day or two to get the order out, WTH are you complaining about.

Was it a bad week at work, or are you like this all the time?[;D]
View Quote

I have no problem, I wasn't complaining. I am completely happy with both companies. I just stated the facts, comparing my two orders. I had no idea Georgia Precision was a small operation or Brownells a large one. Does the size of the company matter when you need some parts? I expected at least a week from both companies and was very surprised to receive the Brownells order that fast.
And YES I am having a bad week at work but that's another story.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Being in a rural area as I am, The US Mail is always slow, but again it is relaiable.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top