Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 9:30:09 PM EDT
Before I finish my project:
I am looking to find a threaded "Post Ban" comp long enough to permantly mount on the 14.5" barrel to make it BATF legal.

I would like it to resemble a A2 flashider or a Phantom flashider, so the rifle looks correct.  It just needs to be a batf muzzle break, and long enough to permanantly mount as to have a 16"+++ barrel.
I have seen them at various suppliers, I just cant seem to remember where????
please help.
thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
www.model1sales.com has some differnt types i believe, give them a look.
It has to be permantly attached also, pinned and/or welded to be legal for a post ban gun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact Kurt's Kustom and have him do his KKF A3 TacBrake for you.  His A3 was designed for 14 1/2" barrels to get them out to legal 16" length.  Kurt has a forum here on ARFcom in the Industry section.

The brake needs to be permanently installed to keep you legal.  The A3 looks correct and functions very well, blast and redirected noise are minimal.  

Kurt added A3's to my ArmaLite and Bushmaster with 14 1/2" barrels and his work is first rate...

[img]img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/122167/KKFA3.jpg[/img]

[img]img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/122167/KKF02.jpg[/img]

edited for second image...
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Once the brake has been welded on, can it be removed if you needed to do a replacement of the front sight tower?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:27:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd figure that once installed, the brake would need to be cut/lathed off and replaced should you want or need to replace the FSB... the downside to a permanent installation.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top