Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 7:31:11 PM EDT
About how much does it cost to build a SPR???  I'm thinking about building my next AR and trying to decide what to build.  Thanks in advance.

Shawn
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A LOT I have over two large in mine and is still in pieces awaiting more pieces. Almost there... little bit further... Two weeks and it should be done. Start buying componets a bit at a time and keep your eye peeled for deals. They are out the but ya gotta look. Do you want the PRI version or the Knights version?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats an SPR??

Do you mean an SBR?  If so, it shouldn't cost much more than building a standard rifle.  The short barreled uppers only cost marginally more than standard + the $200 tax.  

I don't pretend to be an expert.  Happy to be set straight if I'm wrong here.

Best regards,

Don
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
SPR = special purpose rifle...... or something like that. Basically a copy of the knights military issue .308 rifle using an .223 AR15.

Its another name for taking an AR and putting an M5 ras and a scope and calling it something other than an AR-------->WOOHOOO!

Thats an AR15 ----> NOT ITS NOT, it's an SPR!!!

giggle giggle
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Im building one as we speak, not exactly what the military uses, but along the same lines.  I spent 1100 bucks today on barrel, freefloat tube and a TAO1.  Add 800 bucks for the preban lower and at about 130 for a stripped upper.  I still dont have a BUIS, bipod adaptor or rail covers.......
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
i had one a while back.  It had the ops inc brake with threaded collar, KG coated Krieger barrel and the works.  Sold it for 1800.  MSTN had the same upper for sale in the EE for around $2200.  These things arent cheap
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can't afford the Military copy, roll your own.  Start with a good barrel (premium if you can afford it), freefloat it, and you are well on your way.  If you want to see what the real deal looks like, check out MSTN's pictures.  Warning, you will start drooling and your wallet will start shrieking.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top