BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2003 6:50:25 PM EDT
How does it look?   Can you tell the make?  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a JT for $450.  They're worth the extra money.  FAC has a history of placing things on "backorder" for months at a time from posts I have seen on this and other forums; as a personal example I sold an old ASA kit (junk) to a guy and he was going to build it on an oly receiver.  The receiver was on "backorder" for 8 months at FAC before he cancelled it and ordered from someone else (and received it in 4 days as there was no shortage of them available)  They just aren't very good at service....
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I would throw in that I just bought a Model 1 kit to mount on a CMT lower.  Got the kit in 7 days and it fits great.  $400.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The FAC kits are from DPMS and are very good quality, haviong said that, I have a dealer account with DPMS and every time I have tried to order a kit they are typically several months out due to heavy volume of manufacture. Go with one of the other companys for a little more, you will get it much quicker and with much better service, in fact I have ordered seceral kits through Model 1 and have received all within 4 days and all were good.

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I was looking for a low cost AR to put together.  The FAC flier had the kit totally unassembled, which is no big deal, for $400 plus I can have my dealer get a lower for just over $100.  My main concern was from a past experience with Nesard, ab out 12 years ago.  I ordered one of their kits quite a while ago and had nothing but problems with it.  I was with the understanding that Model 1 or M&A Parts was the same company.  I have heard DPMS has better quality parts than either of these two.  True or not? Thanks  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top