Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2003 4:51:33 AM EDT
I'm about to assemble my first carbine upper, which  will have an aluminum free float tube, and a JP Adj. Gas Block. When I threaded everything together to see what it would look like, I get almost a 1/4" gap from the front of the tube to the gas block. Am I missing something? I have a 20" Bull Barrel Upper with an aluminum free float tube, and there's hardly any gap between the tube, and the gas block.  Am I paranoid, or is this normal? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:24:23 AM EDT
[#1]
How long is the handguard and what is the distance between the rear of the gas block and the front of the receiver?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The Handguard is 7" long, and the rear of the Gas Block is 7 9/32" from the front of the Receiver. The gas port on the barrel, and the port in the Gas Block line up, as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the handguard is short.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top