Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2003 7:39:08 PM EDT
Can anyone supply pics. of the muzzle breaks that Model 1, J&T, and M&A use as their "standard" post-ban muzzle breaks on their kits?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can anyone supply pics. of the muzzle breaks that Model 1, J&T, and M&A use as their "standard" post-ban muzzle breaks on their kits?  Thanks!
View Quote

Model 1, J&T, and M&A barrels have muzzle breaks?  That sounds pretty bad for dealers to sell broken muzzles.  I hope they fix them under warranty.  I usually buy Coly or Bushmaster barrels and have never got a broken one.

As time goes buy they certainly don't get any smarter, do they. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Model 1, J&T, and M&A barrels have muzzle breaks?  That sounds pretty bad for dealers to sell broken muzzles.  I hope they fix them under warranty.  I usually buy Coly or Bushmaster barrels and have never got a broken one.

View Quote

The guy just asked a simple question. Why are you being an ass to him?

This is one that JT uses
[img]http://webcats.net/store/graphics/00000001/PoBan_Mzlbrk.jpg[/img]

and this it the brake Model 1 uses.
[img]http://www.model1sales.com/images/m4uppersub.gif[/img]

Sorry, I don't have a pic of the brakes that M&A use, but I have seen one and they look very similar to the A2 Flash Supressor. Much like the ones KKF makes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Earlier today I was thinking to myself "Wow, I really enjoy that AR15.com board. I'd like it a lot more though if a few more assholes put down their banjos and joined in the fun..."

Then you come along...[b]WOW![/b] [:X*]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The guy just asked a simple question. Why are you being an ass to him?
View Quote

There's a big difference between "break" and "brake."  If Martowski can't tell the difference then he doesn't need to be playing with dangerous guns.  I just educated him.

Quoted:
I'd like it a lot more though if a few more assholes..."
View Quote

The assholes are the ones who start calling names.  Get a clue.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Model 1, J&T, and M&A barrels have muzzle breaks?  That sounds pretty bad for dealers to sell broken muzzles.  I hope they fix them under warranty.  I usually buy [red]Coly[/red] or Bushmaster barrels and have never got a broken one.

As time goes [red]buy[/red] they certainly don't get any smarter, do they. [rolleyes]
View Quote

If you're gonna post with the sole purpose of giving the guy a hard time about his word usage, the least you could do is check your own spelling.

The guy only has 6 posts and probably didn't know any better, if you want to show everyone how smart you are and how stupid he is, it backfired.

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
[lolabove]

I HATE it when I open my mouth real wide and stuff my foot in it.

I usually end up doing it in front of a whole bunch of people too.

Mama always told me, Scott you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Mom was right.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you're gonna post with the sole purpose of giving the guy a hard time about his word usage, the least you could do is check your own spelling.
View Quote

We all make little typos here and there, but only an insecure childish twit would try and give someone a hard time about something like that.  There's a huge difference between hitting a wrong key a few times and repeatedly using the wrong nomenclature over and over and over again.

The guy only has 6 posts and probably didn't know any better, if you want to show everyone how smart you are and how stupid he is, it backfired.
View Quote

And now he knows better, thanks to me.  Let's see, today I educated a newbie on the difference between "break" and "brake" and you pointed out a couple of typos.  You should feel proud of yourself.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#8]
[brick] Mommy's calling [:K]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#9]
When I posted my original message last night, it was close to midnight after a very long day.

I will admit that I am somewhat of a newbie to the AR-15.  I'm not a newbie to firearms, though, and the spelling of "break" instead of "brake" was just a slip of the tired mind.  

Anyway, no offense taken.  Now, if anyone has a picture of the M&A muzzle BRAKE, I would appreciate a look-see!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
And now he knows better, thanks to me. Let's see, today I educated a newbie on the difference between "break" and "brake" and you pointed out a couple of typos. You should feel proud of yourself.
View Quote

You seem raher proud of your own "accomplishment" [:|] I must have missed the e-mail proclamation that you had been appointed the director of new member orientation and training.

Your quality of life sounds like shit [:(]

You have my sympathy...
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My quality of life is fine, thank you.  Although I worry about you people who have nothing better to do than to continuously whine and name-call over an insignificant post.

Get a life.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't take it personal, IIRC this Homo guy is the same one that flamed some guys for using 10.5" barrels on there AR's........Now where was that thread?????.........Some people are here to help, some are here to troll and spellnazi...........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Martowski,J&T also has a Tactical Brake which is like an A2 flash hider,thats what came on my 16" kit from them, I love it! You can see it on there web site. Gee I hope I got my spelling right,LOL
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#14]
It is a shame that some people feel that everything has to be so correct. Give us a break, everyone knew what he was talking about. I could understand it if he was saying something that might get someone hurt. Hell,
I still call a magazine "clip" sometimes and I have been shooting for 40 years.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#15]
IceMan,

Thanks for the heads-up on the J&T tactical brake.  This was on the standard 16" CAR kit, correct?  I did see the brake that Wipeout posted a pic of, but assumed that was the only one available as a post-ban option.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Get a life.
View Quote

Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing about you. No banjo practice tonight?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Do a search on Homo's past responses to just about any topic you desire.  His responses all have the same flavor.  Whata guy!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#18]
sshhhh! there are [:k]'s about these woods...

[peep]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Roger That!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Are you people [b]still[/b] whining about this?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Didn't HOMO say he was a cop in a previous thread (I'm too lazy to verify if he is or not), BUT....

I wonder about his prosecution percentage when it comes to his reports making it to court..

--I Officer HOMO went [red]"buy"[/red] this dope house to make an undercover [red]"by"[/red] of crack cocaine..

Also, I hope you're an older fart than me, because I bought my 11.5" barrel in Jan-1990 from Bushmaster, so I don't think you sold me my present barrel.

[size=6][blue] IBTMFL[/blue][/size=6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#22]
(Thanks for the heads-up on the J&T tactical brake. This was on the standard 16" CAR kit, correct? I did see the brake that Wipeout posted a pic of, but assumed that was the only one available as a post-ban option.)                                     Yea the Tac brake comes standard on the 16" car kit from J&T.It is nothing like the one that wipeout posted pick of. Sorry I can't post a pic, I haven't figured out how to do that yet.Go here, http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/accessories_tbl.html. and scroll down to the A2 style comp,this is like J&T's Tac brake!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When I posted my original message last night, it was close to midnight after a very long day.

I will admit that I am somewhat of a newbie to the AR-15.  I'm not a newbie to firearms, though, and the spelling of "break" instead of "brake" was just a slip of the tired mind.  

Anyway, no offense taken.  Now, if anyone has a picture of the M&A muzzle BRAKE, I would appreciate a look-see!
View Quote

A lot of people think its "break" instead of "brake", no biggie. I don't think Homo erectus was trying to be rude, just a bit smart.
I have even seen "break" used on vendors websites. It would nice to eradicate this misnomer. Again, not malicious to point this out, IMHO.

I had a cav comp brake threaded and pinned on my 16", but wish I had done one of KKF's fake flash hiders instead. Legal, but A LOT less noisy. My Cav Comp Brake makes so much flash and blast directed upwards it obscures my sight picture after every shot, with XM193 ammo. It looks the part, but too noisy in my opinion. I cant wait for the sunset so I can take that "blast enhancer" off and put on a proper flash hider.

Here are Kurt's little jewels (fake flash suppressors - FFS):

[url]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/catalog/item/29585/16550.htm[/url]
[img]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/i/section_10746/A3FFSMS.jpg[/img] A3 FFS
[img]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/i/section_10746/NewFFSPV.jpg[/img] A2 FFS
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks again, IceMan.  I appreciate the link.  Yeah, I know looks aren't everything, but I have to admit that a naked AR-15 muzzle looks odd to me.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top