Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 9:14:04 PM EDT
Ive been wanting to build an Ar15 for quite some time now. I need it to reach out at least 100 yards with no problem. Have a flat top upper so i can exchange scope and laser dot sights. What would be the cheapest but most reliable way to go. This gun would be used for mostly small game racoons,turkey...etc
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
My Model 1 Sales 16" standard CAR kit does 3/4" groups at 100 yards with the right handloads.  You can figure on spending about $550 including transfer on the lower receiver(if necessary), and shipping from Model 1.

I've been very happy with this rifle.  I've pimped it out considerably, I call it my "Swiss Army Rifle lol.  

I have an Aimpoint for it, and also a 3.8x12 Simmons Aetec on a set of ARMS # 22 mounts...very quick and easy change over from red dot to the scope, which holds zero perfectly.  

I also have a bipod for it, and when I can afford it, I'll get the ARMS mount for that as well.  I've made some other cosmetic changes as well, and in the end have a WHOLE lot more than $550 in this thing, you can certainly do the basic rifle for that.  

Here's the pic:
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/188491/almostdone.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
awsome gun, thanks for the info. Whats Model 1 site?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
ummm...what do u have preban or post ban? whats the differnce?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
awsome gun, thanks for the info. Whats Model 1 site?
View Quote

believe it or not, it's
http://www.model1sales.com/

This rifle is a post ban...manufactured after the "assault weapons ban" in '94...which means it can't have a bayonet lug, or a flash hider, or collapsable stock.  Also, it's 1/2 the price of a preban lol.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top