Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2003 4:33:13 PM EDT
I'm new to the AR15 world, but I'd like to buy a complete Mega Lower with a fixed CAR stock ($199)and mate it with a complete Model 1 Sales 16" Post-Ban M4 CAR Upper Half ($455.00). Does anyone have experiance with these products and companies? The total price would be $654. Can I buy or build a better rifle for that price or less with some other companies parts?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the Mega lowers...I've got 2 model 1 kit guns, and there were issues with one of them, but model 1 made it right with no trouble.  

Both rifles shoot great, and I'm happy with them.  I used Eagle lowers from Quantico Arms, which is only about an hour away, so I got them direct.  

I think you'll be happy with the combo you are planning; just bear in mind that Model 1 is a "no frills" kind of kit...the small parts arent' gonna be as good as a DPMS kit, for example.  You may have to trim some springs, stuff like that.  

Bear in mind the model 1 kit will come with the buttstock of your choice, and all the lower receiver pieces.  Don't pay extra to get a complete lower, 'cos then you'll have an extra buttstock assembly laying around, which will almost certainly turn into another rifle by some sort of weird voodoo hehehe.  Ask me how I know!

Buying just the stripped Mega lower saves you $100, which you can put towards something else, like optics, or whatever.  Also, I'd recommend a flat top, since the optics options are so much better down the road.  That does mean you'll have to get some sort of sight, though, so the $100 you save will go right back out the door.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top