Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 11:16:44 AM EDT
Do you still need them if the barrel is already on the upper reciever( factory insatled)? and how exactly do use the gauges on a semi auto rifle? I know on a bolt action  the bolt closes or it doesnt, Im confused on how this works on a semi auto rifle sience the bolt always closes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Headspace SHOULD'VE been checked at the factory.  I don't know anyone who doesn't atleast check the headspace before shipping a completed upper out.

As for how to use them:
[url]http://www.combatsimulations.com/ar15/build.htm[/url]

All you really need is a go gauge and a field gauge to check for safety.  Usually only the factory is concerned about the no-go gauge.  They don't want to ship you a rifle that is borderlining the field gauge and will be unsafe after 1k rounds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Ugh.. I fuggin hate the terms Go and No-Go.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top