Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2003 10:10:29 PM EDT
Oly Arms sells an upper for the OA93 (ARpistol)
it says it is for "legally registerd AR15 pistol lower receivers assembled prior to  Sept 13, 1994."  What does that mean????  Well I know what assemble before Sept 13, 94 means, but "legally registered"???????

A person who bought a lower receiver in the early 1990's and built it with one of the many pistol kits, where were they to "register" it??? With the ATF? Tax Stamp??  Does that mean that any AR15 type stripped lower that was built (be it rifle or pistol) would have to also be registered???
If so - wow - there are millions of unregistered AR rifles out there???  Alot of us built the custom rifle we want.
Please help....I am obviously lost on how the proper regulations work.
I know you can't build a regular AR Pistol now without running into "crime bill" problems.  But I thought the owner of the receiver (in the early 1990's) could build a semi-pistol -(no buttstock, just a pistol grip or two)???????????????????????
thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top