Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2003 7:30:15 PM EDT
has anyone done this or seen one? is it money well spent or money down the drain?

http://www.diversifiedcryogenics.com/gunbarrels.htm
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
JP Enterprises offers an upper with a cryo'd barrel...mine shoots 1/2" groups at 200 yds.  Hate to think it's all because of the cryo treatment but who knows...
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
This is something that bench rest shooters have been doing for years.  Seriously.  It is supposed to affect the grain of the alloy in the barrel and relieve internal stresses.  Does it work?  Case studies say yes.  Is it worth it?  That's entirely up to you.  You can spend a lot of money adding doo-dads to your gun.  The breaking point on how much to spend will probably be personal.  (If I had the cash, I'd do all kinds of crazy sh!^)  But, right now I'm just trying to scrape for an upper...

There's a lot of places that will do this for gun barrels so you may wanna shop around.  I know people who do it to brake disks on motorcycles too.  Supposedlly it helps prevent brake warping.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top