Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 3:51:31 PM EDT
Hi, I'm a complete newbie to AR-15s, but have experience with the AR-180, AK, SKS, G3, and M1 type rifles.  I'm new to this website too, but have standing at Gunsnet and am a Moderator at GunandGame.com

I've been looking at options of AR-15 builds for:
Plinking
Service Rifle Competition
Private or competitive scoped marksmanship
The emergency we hope never happens
Ability to use varied ammo, including Wolf

After lots of looking, I settled on getting a kit from Model 1 Sales and building it on a Stainless Steel DPMS stripped lower receiver.

I was hoping it could have a stainless barrel to match the receiver and give it a two-tone style.  Upper would be A2.

Is it correct that only 20", not 16" or 24", is legal for service rifle matches?  And would the two-tone config be legal?

My current plan is to use a 20" stainless barrel A2 kit.

So does this make any sense, or are any of these bad choices?  I've read many great things about Model 1 Sales here, but haven't read anything about DPMS stainless steel lowers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are my three concepts.  The center one is what I'm likely to settle on.  The top one uses a Pre-ban upper image because it was a better specimen, I'm not looking to build an illegal rifle, which I'm sure is what people would tell a newbie like me.

[img]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/18043Stainless_AR_buddies.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No one has any experience with DPMS Stainless Lowers or any thoughts on the two tone configuration?

No one even wants to tell me if a two tone config is service rifle legal in competition?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top