Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2003 11:05:35 PM EDT
Would like some info and feedback on the FAB-10 lower for California, if anyone has one.

I'd also like info on any other lowers designed for CA that allow more than single shots, like Oly's, if anyone knows about any. All I can find so far is the expensive FAB-10 and the Oly single-shot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I would also like some more information on these recievers.  

thank you,
cvela
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
One man's experiences...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=169340[/url]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Would like some info and feedback on the FAB-10 lower for California, if anyone has one.
View Quote

I have four. But I have not had any of the issues that [b]wyv3rn[/b] details.

I'd also like info on any other lowers designed for CA that allow more than single shots, like Oly's, if anyone knows about any. All I can find so far is the expensive FAB-10 and the Oly single-shot.
View Quote

[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=159037]California lowers- an update[/url]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
If anyone's bought a stripped FAB-10 lower lately, I'm curious as to how much they currently sell for.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I just purchased a stripped lower for $310 including all the fee's.  We'll be trying it out hopefully tomorrow afternoon, and we'll be sure to post our results.

cvela
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I got 3, all built from stripped. The only problem you will have is installing 2 stage match triggers. All of them need adjustment to install and Bushy/CLE match trigger wouldn't work no matter how hard I tried. I believe the trigger/hammer pins are not perfectly mil spec for these precision triggers.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My wife and I just purchased a stripped lower for $310 including all the fee's.  We'll be trying it out hopefully tomorrow afternoon, and we'll be sure to post our results.

cvela
View Quote

Where did you find them in CA for $310 stripped including fees?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoeless ventures put us in contact with an FFL in Coachella California for the purchase.  I agree $310 was a great price from looking around here.
 Anyway we were able to take the fab10 out for a formal assessment this saturday and everything went without a hitch.  it was built around a colt hbar preban barrel and A2 upper with a fixed M4 style stock.  It took 1 mag. to properly align the sights and after that we were golden.  The only problem was where the safety locked up but were positive it was user error.  Other than that it worked like a champ, and were really happy with it.  We will definitely be purchasing another fab 10.
  Note the stripper clip loading device is really not required as the magazine follower built in is very smooth and will not reak havoc on your fingers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I found this gadget from GTS very helpful in loading the stripper clips.

[img]http://www.glocksbr.com/axami/img/prod_hi/101.jpg[/img]

If you cut off about 3/4 inch of the bottom of the loader, it will sit very well with the open lower and it is very easy and fast to load the tiny mag.

You will also need to make sure there is no RAS cover in the last few position if you have a RAS handguard to make sure there is enough room for the loader.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top