Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2003 10:59:54 AM EDT
I recently put together my first build- RRA lower parts kit with a RRA lower. I'm pretty sure I got it together right, but...

During the function check, I'm pulling the trigger and the hammer falls. Keeping the trigger held back, I push the hammer back to where it's caught by the disconnector. Good so far BUT when I release the trigger the is a VERY audible POP! as the hammer is caught again by the ?trigger? What's going on? I've NEVER heard anything that loud on my other ARs.

Anyone know the cause and a solution? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#1]
After you hear the pop, pull the trigger again and if the hammer falls you don't have a problem (I think.)

Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything seems Ok. Cock the hammer pull the trigger hammer falls. Cock the hammer while holding trigger back then release trigger Loud Click hammer stays. Pull trigger again and hammer falls. This is correct for FCG function check.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I know this and it IS working correctly- I just wondered if anyone had any ideas of why it was popping so loud![:D]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top