Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2003 2:16:53 AM EDT
I am in the process of gathering information to build my first ar15. Are there advantages to building a rifle from  all Bushmaster or all RRA parts, as opposed to buying a kit (such as model one)? Would this provide better quality? Better resale value? And if I built an all RRA or Bushmaster rifle, would you end up saving any money? Or would the end cost be about equal to buying the same gun retail? Thanks for any advice/opinions.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
No question a wise shopper who built lower and upper both from Bushy or RRA parts will end up with rifle at a cheaper price.

That said you can get "close to that cost" by shopping the EE here and buying complete lower and upper seperate and putting them together, still cheaper than cost of complete rifle.

Either way, sticking with all one brand, aids re-sell.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
no real advantage ---but hey if it makes you feel better do it..
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with RRA receivers and parts.

My favorite source for RRA is ADCO.

Great prices, personal service, expert advice, the very best products, and $4 flat-rate shipping.
What more could an AR-addict ask for?

[url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url]

[email][email protected][/email]

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=170654]AR Specific Tools[/url]

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=153935]Rock River parts[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top