Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2003 6:16:08 AM EDT
Which lower would you choose and why?  

Is it still possible to get a (new) pre-ban lower?

I have not decided on upper mfg. at this point, but have looked at model1 and RRA uppers.

Thanks,
Sean
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]

I'll ask you what someone here asked me, "If you are thinking about a RRA upper, why not a RRA lower and lower parts kit"?  I just got mine and everything went together well in about 30 min.  No missing pieces, the lower looks nice, good black color, no blemishes, markings look good.  I decided on RRA because I liked their complete rifles and they have a lifetime warranty on thier rifles and uppers, etc.

I got my lower from [url=www.sableco.net]SableCo[/url] for $95 shipped, but it took me over a month to get it.

[url=www.eaglefirearms.net]Eagle firearms[/url] also has them on sale for $84.99, postban M4 stocks for $79, SA80 30 rd mags for $14.99, and ARMS # 40 for $84.99.  These are really good prices, and I think I'm going to go with them for my mags and ARMS 40 (unless anyone here has a reason as why not too).

Also be sure to check with Steve at [url=www.adcofirearms.com]ADCO[/url].  I got my lower parts kit and stock from Steve.  He seems like a real nice guy, the parts were in stock and shipped the next day.  He also has good prices and $4 flat shipping.  I am extremely happy with the stuff I got from Steve, and I will be getting my complete upper from him as well as a few other things.

I don't have any experience with the Mega lowers, but I have heard good things.  You can get them fairly cheap I understand.  Be sure and check the Equipment Exchange for parts too.  I just thought I'd give ya my .02, and I think you cant go wrong with thr RRA, and then you'd have the same lower and upper.

Hershey

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Hershey,

Thanks for the advice and links!  

Which RRA upper are you going to use?  

I still haven't decided.

Sean
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently built my first ar15 and bought the MEGA lower and JT distributings m4 kit..I couldnt be happier with the MEGA lower and everyone that has seen it that knows about ar'z thought it was excellent quality. But i also think that if you bought RRA upper and lower you would have a gun thats worth a little more when you decide to sell it?...Just a thought>?

josh
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Seang77,

Actually I am going to have Steve @ ADCO customize a RRA 16" Midlength upper for me.

I want a A-4 Midlength with a chrome-lined barrel, but the only way to get this is in pre-ban config, so he's going to shave the bayonet lug and replace the flash suppressor with a muzzlebreak.

I didn't really want a muzzlebreak, but you've got to do something about those threads, and it keeps the end of the barrel from looking so plain.

I still don't understand why RRA doesn't offer a postban, Chrome-lined barrel...

Anyway, I think it'll look pretty cool.

Josh has a point too.  If you go to sell it a rifle made from complete RRA parts might be worth a little more.  But who the hell sells rifles... J/K

Later

Hershey
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Today I purchased a RRA Lower from Eagle Firearms.  I hope to have it by middle to end of next week.  I am going to go with a RRA 16" upper, however, not sure of type of options I am going to use.  

Sean
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top