Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2003 8:08:31 AM EDT
I have a postban colt LW, I'm looking for a trigger job that i can do myself. I've red the post about the compond and spring cutting and it just doesnt seam like the right way to do a job.Can i buy a spring kit? does wolf make one?

I'm low on cash and want to do a good job the first time and still be reliable.Is there a site that shows some diffrent ways to lighten the trigger to about 3lbs?  what is the stock trigger pull?

Dont get me wrong my gun shoot great but i know it can be better
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I just installed a Yellow Tavern reduced power spring kit in my AR ([url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=168257[/url]).  It definitely lightened the trigger pull and was only $2.35 (or $4.00 for non-dealer/C&R discount).
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just installed a Yellow Tavern reduced power spring kit in my AR ([url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=168257[/url]).  It definitely lightened the trigger pull and was only $2.35 (or $4.00 for non-dealer/C&R discount).
View Quote

Do you feel the light spring set may cause light primer strikes?  What ammo have you fired since changing the springs?

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Yojimbo,

I haven't had a chance to test out the springs yet, but I'll probably get a chance sometime next week.  So far, my experiences with the 15-minute trigger job haven't been great and I experienced some light strikes on my reloads which used CCI's  No. 41 reduced sensitivity primers.  The pull weight with the YT springs seems a bit higher than that obtained with the 15 minute trigger job (and it may very well be that I bent the springs too far, but I think I was careful enough to maintain the specified angles), so my SWAG is that this setup should work.  I'll definitely report any failures that I have with this setup once I have a chance to test it out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
i've got a set of the jp lighter springs in mine.  my A2 was a JT kit, so the trigger wasn't really all that bad to start off with.  anywho, the jp springs are much lighter, i can't say how much lighter though.

i intstalled a set of yellow taverns on my room mate's bushy, and he said that he could tell worlds of difference.  FWIW.

-Grant
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top