Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 3:24:21 AM EDT
In a pawn shop here in town they mostly deal in guns. They buy part sets and put them together and sell them. Well he has a light weight pre ban upper on a post ban lower. All he did was to grind off the lug and then he cut off the flash hider just below the ports. Is this legal? He wont's like $560.00 for it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless he did something about the threads on the barrel, it would still be a no no.  If he replaced the flash hider and permanently attached a compensator, that would be fine.  Who manufactured the lower? and what parts did he use to make the rifle?  I might be a little leary of the whole package just from a quality perspective.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a good oly complete lower but I didn't see any weld on the rest of the flash hider to keep it from being screwed off.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, why pay some dude to assemble a parts kit when you can assemble the parts kit.  You will be able to make exactly what you want, plus you will have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just curious, why pay some dude to assemble a parts kit when you can assemble the parts kit.  You will be able to make exactly what you want, plus you will have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.  

Ghost
View Quote

I agree. BL, just get a lower receiver and a kit and assemble it yourself.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top