Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2003 12:15:01 PM EDT
Hello everyone.

I would like to begin to build an M4Gery, now, I'm not exactly sure where to begin, so if you kind folks could point me in a good direction, I would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Erik
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the process of building an M4 as well and got the majority of my research off of this site by using the SEARCH feature; there are numerous threads with advice and where to look.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The easiest way to start is with one of the M4 barrels or upper assemblies from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=156897]CMMG[/url] on the EE! These barrels are really sweeet, and are available in 14.5" or 16", pre- or post-ban.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the KIND REPLY KELLER!

Notack, many thanks friend. I'll be sure to scope it out. I have a Pre-Ban SP-1 Carbine lower, I assume I could use that, yes?

Thanks,

Erik
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Notack, many thanks friend. I'll be sure to scope it out. I have a Pre-Ban SP-1 Carbine lower, I assume I could use that, yes?

Thanks,

Erik
View Quote

yes, pre or postban will be legal but I'd go with the 14.5" preban if I was you
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks,

Erik
View Quote

Your pre-ban lower is a great piece to start with, however since its a Colt, there could be some pin size issues. Someone more knowledgeable about Colts should be able to answer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Pre-Ban SP-1 Carbine lower, I assume I could use that, yes?
View Quote

Yes Erik, you can! Decide on what kind of upper you want.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p4c0c3f2306d79052ca2698255252efcb/fb39ca89.jpg[/img]

SP1 upper and lower. Bushmaster 14.5" barrel w/ perm. attached Phantom.

If you don't care for the slick side upper, a Colt Sporter (A2) upper with large front pivot pin will also fit.

[url]http://www.danieldefense.com/[/url] makes a flat top that'll fit if you're so inclined.

[:P]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Gentlemen,

Thank you. I was thinking about getting the Bushmaster 16" M4 Complete Upper with the A3 detachable carry hand, in case I decide to mount an EOTech, or an Aimpoint down the line. I don't particularly want a carry handle mount. Any other similar uppers would be great, if you can reccomend one. The fellow at Bushmaster said I would of course need a larger pin up front, and I believe he said it is six bucks or so. No big deal. I prefer to have a detachable flash hider because at some point down the road, I would like to get a suppressor for it, preferably, a KAC. Only the best.:) Any thoughts on the Bushie upper, or any other reccomendations?

Erik
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top