Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 4:42:34 AM EDT
I'm thinking about building a post ban pistol, anyone have any thoughts on how to get a post ban pistol reciever?
tanks!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Any reciver will work "i think" not sure but you will be in for alot of head aches if you chose to make one ... [shock]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing. I was wondering if I should just buy the new Bushmaster version coming out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the issue with building a new ar pistol is making it under the weight limit.  I don't remember what the weight limit is, but you can see from the olyarms pistol that it must be pretty light.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#4]
i was going to buy that pistol when it was still proffessional ordanance ..untill i dug deep[B)] ... it looks cool but i wouldnt spend a dime on it  today ...lots of feeding probs having to do with the very short gas tube i belive .....bad cycling ....you should put the money into one of your other guns or start a super nice build [+]:D]... THINK ABOUT IT but do your research if it is what you really want.... find as many people as you can who own them and ask them Q's but i woulnt buy one till you get confedence in it........
i think[thinking]the weight is 50 ounces........
SpentShells
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, under 50 and your not allowed a front grip for your non trigger hand. all this is for post ban.
jeremy
btw, the conventional recoil assembly of the pistol sucks in MHO
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Build it on a "virgin" lower NEVER attach a stock, put a forward grip and shroud on it and register it as an "AOW" $5 tax to the gov't.  Then you have a gun that can be concealed legally w/o permit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps this will help...

[url]http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/sbr-aow-pistol.html[/url]

I am building a Post-Ban AR-15 pistol, or at least I have all the parts and all I need to do is put her together...

All I did was bought a Virgin Stripped Bushaster lower receiver that I received as a Pistol.  My Federal and state transfer paperwork lists this receiver as a PISTOL receiver.  Next, I had Kurt at Kurts Kustom build me a 300/221 (300 Whisper clone) barrel with NO GAS PORT.  When this is assembles I will have a charging handle operated BOLT-Action 300 whisper clone pistol.

If the crime bill dies, then I can simply have a new barrel made or put together a second upper and I can have the real deal.  I went this route as here in Pennsylvania we are not allowed to hunt with Semi-Auto pistols (or rifles for that matter) but I can use a Bolt Action pistol!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top