Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2003 5:18:29 PM EDT
I see it on the forum every so often... i know that the m4 is the current carbine for the military... but, I have no idea what the "gery" stands for after the m4??? Thanks, til..lat...GT
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
it means m- forgery, or m-4-gery.  its used to denote an m4 style of weapon that is built like an m4 or not really a "true" m4.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I see! Thanks! till...later...GT
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the dead givaways is the "faux" M4 flash hiders on the barrel...like the RRA.  For those of us too poor to own the real thing, these will have to do lol.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
keep in mind you have
post ban M4gery
preban M4gery
and civilian machine guns with M4 uppers.  but those are technically real M4 carbines.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
So what exactly constitutes a real M4?  Obviously the barrel is unmistakable, but what else?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The greatest impact to you is the barrel.  The M-4 has a 15 3/4 inch barrel, which is illegal for us to own.  So, the pseudo M-4 has a 16-inch barrel.  Military receivers chambers and barrrels are also crome platted.

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The M-4 has a 15 3/4 inch barrel, which is illegal for us to own.  So, the pseudo M-4 has a 16-inch barrel.
View Quote

M4 barrels are 14.5" long, and not illegal to own.  If it's allowed in your state, you can easily Form 1 a pre-ban M4gery into an SBR.

Instead of dealing with NFA, I merely pinned a KKF flash hider on my Colt M4 barrel so it's Title I legal, and still takes all bayonets.

Military receivers chambers and barrrels are also crome platted.
View Quote

"Crome platting" is a good idea for all AR "barrrels" if you want your rifle to function better than your SpellCheck.  [:P]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top