Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2003 1:43:54 PM EDT
I am looking to build a AR15 from a stripped lower.  Now I have heard a lot of different terms such as cast, and forged lower.  Can anyone please tell me the differences and what is the best to build from?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Cast/Forged .....

I can't recall.... but I do know that people say forged is stronger.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Go forged.  You can get all different brands, Bushmaster, RRA, Olympic, Mega, Stinger, etc.  You can find great deals on the equipment exchange.  Check with Legal-Transfers, Adco, etc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
All the major makers these days are making forged lowers.  As far as I know, only Olympic and DPMS are still offering cast pieces as a lower cost option, but they're only about $10 cheaper than their forged pieces.

Go forged. Every M16 in the government's inventory is built on a forged lower reciever. There's a reason for that[:D]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top