Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 9:14:36 PM EDT
I have a 24" Colt HB Elite Barrel.I got a front sight post pre ban .750.It slips onto the barrel easily.My issue is the holes for the pins do not come close to ligning up to tap them in.If I take the front guard cap off it still can not move back enough to align the holes.Any suggestions? Does it need a post ban post?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The holes are not placed the same distance on the sight posts of the preban and postban barrels.  I tried this and found out exactly the same thing.  You will also find that between different preban barrels, the holes will not always line up between different bayo lugged sight towers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks raptor22,
I'll save it for an 2004 m4sunset and look for a post ban version.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The holes are not placed the same distance on the sight posts of the preban and postban barrels.  I tried this and found out exactly the same thing.  You will also find that between different preban barrels, the holes will not always line up between different bayo lugged sight towers.
View Quote

Man, that really sucks balls!  I found that out too.  I sold off sight towers cause at first I thought I had some nice spare parts for new rifle builds only to find out it was hard to get standard barrels without sight towers and even if I could, the sight tower I would try to install may likely not align.  If you stay with preban to preban or post ban to post ban, and use the same manufacturer for the sight tower as the barrel, you have a much better chance the holes will line up.  Since the manufacturers usually drill the holes with the sight mounted for perfect alignment, your new sight tower may fit but not be in alignment. [banghead]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top