Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2003 4:51:52 PM EDT

This started with a trip to my local gun store where they had upper with a custom barrel. It was attached to a preban lower that the buyer did not want.  I traded for it and started my project.  
It was a cut down 20" to a 16" with the gas port in the same place ala Bushmaster dissapator sytle.  It had a A1 upper w/o sights.  I had K2 replace the A1 upper with a flattop and discovered that the muzzle break was a sleave and gas block all in one.
I had an old RRA stripped lower and a DPMS parts kit, and built up the lower.  
I still had the whole jar of tan from my Lauer kit and the gun was in pieces, so I went to airbrushing.  
I still need to touch up the grip(I traded a tan set a year ago :(, story of my life)

Do you think I should tiger stripe it?
here are some of my early work, the first one has fine grid marks, does not show up that well in this light
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
definately stripe it! the third mag on the right look coolest, IMO.

be sure to post pics and details in case i get brave!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
gotta stripe it man!

then more pix.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the grid marks, how did you do that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used dry wall patch after the first coat, I learned you have to let it set out some before you put it on or it is too sticky.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I used dry wall patch after the first coat, I learned you have to let it set out some before you put it on or it is too sticky.
View Quote

Man you lost me on this one! I gess I would have had to see what you did becouse I cant pitchure in my head what you did. LOOKS VERY COOL THO!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I should be more clear.  They sell this tape for drywall repair at home depot.  It is yellow plastic and looks like small grids, I think it acts as a sort of rebar for the drywall.  I think I got the whole roll for a buck or so.
I airbrush the first coat on, force dry it(in Texas that means putting it in the sun) for an hour or so, and then put the grid tape on.  I then apply the second coat.  
I think I am going to put another color or two and go for a marpat look.  I think it will look cool...even though I have have included this mag in a deal I made the other day, I want it to look as good as possible.
I will post pics when I am done.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top