Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2003 6:47:31 PM EDT
I just finished the Model 1 Sales kit I got for a wedding present(she rocks!). I just got back from a gun show where I picked up a Rock River Arms lower receiver. It went together without a hitch (except one launched detent screw). If I had the skills I would post a pic but I lack the skills.

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
She sounds like a keeper.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
She is almost as cool as my wife. She doesn't ever tell me no, if I want it, she says get it. Not once has she ever asked me how much a gun cost or how much I spend on reloading or my other toys. Talk about a keeper!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Since we've been dating/married my wife has bought me a Smith & Wesson Model 17 .22LR , Uberti 1875 in .45 LC , M1A , and a .50 Beowulf upper.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I shouldn't brag so much about what a wonderful wife I have as someone might think they could take her from me. Then I'd have to kill him. She is the reason I live and look forward to each day. Its great to realize and appreciate all the special qualities of the one we love. My wife could never be replaced and never will be.  I do try to show her every chance that I get how much she means to me.   I do hope everyone has a life full of love, good memories, peace & contentment with lots of joy. Jesus loved us even though we didn't deserve His love. Amen!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I shouldn't brag so much about what a wonderful wife I have as someone might think they could take her from me. Then I'd have to kill him. She is the reason I live and look forward to each day. Its great to realize and appreciate all the special qualities of the one we love. My wife could never be replaced and never will be.  I do try to show her every chance that I get how much she means to me.   I do hope everyone has a life full of love, good memories, peace & contentment with lots of joy. Jesus loved us even though we didn't deserve His love. Amen!
View Quote

Ditto.  Right on!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Amen Brother!
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just finished the Model 1 Sales kit I got for a wedding present(she rocks!). I just got back from a gun show where I picked up a Rock River Arms lower receiver. It went together without a hitch (except one launched detent screw). If I had the skills I would post a pic but I lack the skills.

View Quote

Posting a pic is really not that hard...if you can put together that Model 1 kit, you can post a pic!!

IM or email me if you need help/directions with that.  

And speaking of Model 1, I had both my Model 1 kits at the range today, and they both performed flawlessly.  

I found a load that shows promise in my "Swiss Army Rifle"...but I didn't have enough good ammo to try and work with the lighweight kit...so all it got was the plinking ammo...still, it held to about 1 1/2" with my plinking load, which is a 55gr Hornady FMJ bullet over some 2230.  

BTW, I got these Hornadys from Lock, Stock, and Barrel...they were the blemished ones for $33 per 1000...dirt cheap, and they seem to shoot okay.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top