Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2003 6:35:13 PM EDT
I want to put a pre-ban 20" A2 upper on a FAB 10 Kalifornia legal lower.  If you know about the FAB 10, you know it doesn't have a detachable magazine.  I know it's not a real AR, but it's as close as we can get here in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
According to the manufacturers of the Fab10, because it doesn't have a detachable magazine, it can have any evil features you want.  It's not a post- or pre- ban lower, because there has never been a law about it written.  Everything I've seen and read points to this being accurate.  Kind of like you can trick out your pump shotgun -- not Semi-Auto, not part of the assault weapon ban.

If you are outside of California, that applies too, so anyone in the US can buy a FAB10 and legally put a preban upper on it.

It's expensive, but not expensive like preban lowers.

-Dan
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top