Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2003 9:19:20 AM EDT
...loose hammer/trigger pins?  They do not slide lateral, they rotate.  Has anyone successfully dealt with this before?  Any links to previous forum discussions or other sources of info?
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That is not really a problem unless it's bad enough to cause the gun to double.  It can be fixed with some expensive parts, see the link.  Scroll down to the $32 anti-roll pin setup.

[url]http://www.kagerind.com/Kager_Static_Home/S-gun_sights/s-gun_sights2.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Hail Mary,
Thanks, that was new info.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I know that the hammer pins are .002 oversized over standard on a Rock River NM trigger set up, I THINK you can purchase them by themselves, check with em in a week when they come back from shutdown 309-792-5780
Robert
www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I think that since these pins aren't fixed in position some rotation would be normal.
However, if there's any wobble, that is, if they're not fitting snug, then you could eventually wind up with enlarged holes in your receiver, which is not good - especially if you have a valuable pre-ban or irreplaceable registered MG. So, if the pins fit snugly don't worry about it, if there's play then I'd get some oversize pins or drop the thirty-two bucks on the retainer system or some other alternative.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top