Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2003 4:22:22 PM EDT
Well I have a Colt Lower and a Fredom Enterprise upper, both Pre-ban, the Upper is an A3 16" barrel with a free floating hand guard. the uppers set to Mil-Spec. I'm using .233 Fediral ammo.

I went to my shooting spot to do a little shooting. It first I see if things fit I cycled a round from the mag into the chamber and was going to cycle a few rounds by hand, pull the bolt back and let the unspent round eject.

The bolt will not come back? It's locked in place.

The fwd assist moved the the bolt fwd so that I can open the Lower, but I'm afrade to play with it with a hot round in the chamber.

I was hesitaint to fire the rifle with it binding up, what should I do
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Seperate the upper from the lower,,, use a screwdriver between the front of the carrier and barrel extension, and pull the carrier rearward, this will allow the bolt to unlock as you pry it open.

Or you can simply set selector to SAFE, then slam the butt on solid ground, inertia will pull the carrier rearward..... or just go out back and fire the round out if you can do that where you live.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like my ASA upper that didn't like wolf ammo!  I banged the butt on a picnic table and it came open (but I had to tap the case out by running a cleaning rod down the barrel).  If the case is hung, check the chamber for burrs, and if it looks good, check your ammo!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top