Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 10:14:24 PM EDT
i have been using this board and found allot of excellent info however i still have questions.i am considering either the 24" bull parrel kit or the 24" e2 kit from model 1. would it be possible for someone to tell me what kind of 100 yr groups each of these would be capable of, relizing that accuracy would probably vary from kit to kit. i just want a idea of the difference in capability to help make my decision.  thanks allot for all replies
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, depending on the barrel itself, the type of loads, free floated barrel, etc, AR's have been known to make sub 1/2 moa shots consistently.  A 24' stainless barreel with free floating handgards and a good scope could probably give you sub1/2moa groups everytime you pull the trigger if you do your part correctly.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
the standard e2 parts kit appears to be just a standard barrel i do not know weather it is free floated or not but i would assume not. the bull barrel is free floated and stainless steel. is it your opinion then that with my own hanloads worked up for the paticular rifle i get it would be capable of sub moa and possibly 1/2moa. if this is the case i don't think i would need the bull barrel as i will only be shooting paper and steel plates and my goal was moa accuracy. sorry for the long post thanks for all replys.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, a standard barrel should get you what you wants if you do your part as a shooter.  new-arguy is able to get groups under an inch at 300 yards with 16 inch M4 profile, chrome lined barrel with, I believe, an ACOG TA31 (4x).  Of course, it is free floated with a SIR, but the added length of the 24" barrel should reduce or negate the need for free floating the barrel.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks knightone for the info i think i made up my mind
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top