Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2003 9:16:54 AM EDT
Hello All,  Any suggestions on darkening the buttstock in the J&T kit?  Just got my kit together and I was wondering what you guys did to match the bs to the handguards.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
CLP will work. We used the lube that the gov. gives the troops in the green tube. LSA-T
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't leave it oily?  I don't want it to attract dust.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The new Krylon paint for plastic works great. Get a can of black and you'll be set.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
CLP and a black t-shirt... rub in a heavy coat of CLP and let it set for a few hours.  Use a light coat of CLP and the black t-shirt to buff the stock out... Once buffed out it won't attract dirt or feel oily and is a deep black color...
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Krylon Ultra Flat Black spray paint.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If it is that big of a deal, spray it with any oil, Armor-all, silicone or similar product.  Let it sit in the sun for a few hours, and then wipe it down with a dark rag.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried all of the above; CLP, Armor All, hell I even tried vegetable oil--my stock would still go back to gray after a few days.

My solution? an Armalite buttstock, $35. The "gray furry thing" now sits in the closet...LOL
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top