Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2003 12:34:27 PM EDT
Subject pretty much says it all.  Looking for a source for a quality lower reciever parts set at the most reasonable cost.  Would be going in Olympic forged lowers.

Thanks!

Coffee
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Rock River Arms parts kits from [url]www.adcofirearms[/url] and have been very happy with the quality.  For $56 shipped it's tough to beat.  I've also used DPMS parts kits from [url]www.cmmginc.com[/url] and have been equally satisfied.  I think their kits run about $60.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
bought a RRA parts kit from adco for the same price shipped. Installed all of the components in about 30 minutes. Very easy to do, and I was a virgin parts kit installer.

All parts fit perfectly in my Stinger Arms lower.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've bought RRA lower kits and parts from Tommy Haskins at [url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url] and have always been 100% satisfied with their service and product.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a newbie to AR's but my first build was on an Olympic Lower.  The assembled upper and LPK was ordered from [url=http://www.m-aparts.com/]M&A Parts[/url] and they were shipped to my door for $450.  I'm very pleased with the quality of the kit and it matches my Oly lower perfectly.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used a RRA parts kit, it was fantastic and went together as expected.  

I bought a DPMS parts kit, and the first roll pin punch I tried to assemble into a bushy lower for the trigger guard was oversized and wouldn't collapse properly, so I had to back it out.  

Side by side, both kits wery fully functional, but I thought the RRA kit had nicer finishing and more attention to detail -- sometimes, a shortcut was taken on the DPMS kit, like drilling a hole entirely through the takedown pin instead of drilling in just enough to make an indent for the detent to sit in, and the magazine button had less ridges cut into the face, making it feel not quite as nice to me.  Again, NOT a functional difference, just a manufacturing simplicity which they use to pass the savings on to you.  Personally I prefer the higher fit and finish but YMMV.

I have never heard of a problem with any name brand kit.  I always hear about problems from non name-brand kits from EBay or other dubious sources.

A ended up buying a Bushmaster kit for that Bushy lower, the roll pins were better.  Wonderful kit.  Has a plastic trigger guard, where the others had aluminum.  I think that's fine, maybe even better, an impact on it will not bend it to block trigger travel in the field.

-Dan
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top