Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2003 6:00:51 PM EDT
"here's the deal". I've bee lurking here for awhile and recently signed on. I'm almost 66 years old and have been using firearms almost before I could walk.....shot my first crow at the age of 8. I have and have had many guns, both hand guns and long guns. I just bought my first AR15, a Bushy V-Match and here is my problem.......I have everything figured out except  how to take off the free floating hand guard. I know how the standard, 2 piece ones come off, but this thing has got me Buffaloed. I might want to clean out the crud sometime that will get trapped there. Thanks for any help and I promice I won't bug you with a lot of "Newby" questions.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome... the Bushy FF handguard on the V-Match replaces the barrel nut and when the handguard is unscrewed, the barrel can be removed.  Under normal conditions, the V-Match handguard is only removed for barrel removal...

On my FF handguard AR's I simply spray some aerosol BreakFree CLP under the handguard and clean with a patch on a cleaning rod...
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
DarkStar
Thanks.....I guess I'm not completely nuts.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Outback,

Welcome aboard young fella !!! [beer]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top