Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 4:53:03 PM EDT
I viewed an upper on ebay awhile back that was labeled as a machine gun upper. It was an A2 type, I noticed the it was never machined for a fwd. assist?? Can anyone tell me who would offer an upper like this? Are they available? Thanks, till...later...GT
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
That's the LMG upper.  Don't know of a source other than private sales or ebay.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Les Baer Makes a flat top with no forward asist. i don't know about an A2 version.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks IPSC_GUY, That sounds even better! I will have to check it out... Thanks, till...later...GT
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i have the flat top Les Baer upper with port door, brass deflector (sp?) and no Forward Assist.

I love it.  It fits very tight with the Colt lower.  Its a franken gun but I love it.  LBC was the only place I could find that had the standard FT height w/ port door and no FA.  DPMS makes a smooth sided one (lo-pro, i think) but the upper is higher than mil-spec.

Can't go wrong with LBC.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi Tango_down, I just visited their web site last night... found what I was looking for! I will most likely opt for the FT receiver with a port door and brass deflector, but no fwd. assist... I'm left handed, so the brass deflector is a must! Ain't it amazing how the brass lands with the case head right on the back of your neck when your shooting an AR (with no brass deflector)left handed! Till...later....GT
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top