Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2003 9:44:22 AM EDT
Alrighty, I just bought myself a fixed telestock and am trying to install it but don't have a clue how to take the original A2 buttstock off. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The answer to your first quetion is to remove the screw on the top of the butt plate.  Stock should slide right straight back and off.  Watch for the rear take down pin detent and detent spring which is held into the lower receiver by the stock.  You will see it at the right side where the stock meets the receiver.

Edited because I must have had 1 too many beers when I posted and couldn't spell, talk or tell my left from my right.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Roger that. Now to get that top screw out! thing is stuck in there like none other! [:(!]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Luke, I've got about 20 screwdrivers, all of which seem to bugger that screw up.  By far, the best thing I have for the buttstock screw is the end of my DPMS armorers wrench...a tool you're gonna need to get that other stock on.  It fits the slot better, and just gets more torque to the screw, so it makes removing and installing stocks much easier.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies! I got the screw out and found it had red loctite on it so that would explain why it wouldn't budge... I did get the telestock on and I was able to tighten down the locking ring just fine with a pair of plumbing pliers, no special tool needed... My only problem now is that when pulling the charging handle back the bolt stops about 1/16" short of the bolt catch. I started a thread in the Troubleshooting section for that....
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
sounds like the bolt is too long...what length is the tele stock?  If it's A1, you need a short nut [:O] (sounds like a medical condition lol).  I had the same problem when I got my A1 length VLTOR stock...I used the same bolt that was on the A2 stock I replaced...with the same result.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Got it all figured out with the help of Dano523 from the board. Turns out the buffer spring was just a tad long so I cut about 1 turn off and it's working ok now... Thanks all for your help!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top